Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I got a feelin'...ooh oooh....

For all those who've continued to read this post without being pissed that I've now got the Black Eyed Peas song stuck in your head - I thank you :)


It's Wednesday, December 2nd. And it's cold outside. It's 23 days away from Christmas and I've been officially away from home for 1 month and 1 day. Happy anniversay to me. And I have the urge to write.


I'm excited. Christmas is coming up. Though I won't be home for the holidays with the fam-jam I'm looking forward to another new Christmas experience - one with the Mackay family in Edinburgh. Apparently in Edinburgh Christmas and New Years (also known as Hogmanay in Scotland) the celebrations are huge!!! It's a massive 4-day celebration and everyone hits the streets for music shows, dances, food and fireworks (http://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/) I'm a little torn because the Gordon-Smith family has invited Louis and I for Christmas and New Years at the chalupa. I'd love to go for at least New Years, but we'll figure it out soon enough. Also, I'm excited to do my Christmas shopping. I love making/buying gifts for people. It's the best to see your gift made someone happy or excited. But in the more immediate future, I'm the MOST excited to see Gintare Stankevicuite - one of my bestest friends in the whole world (literally)








She's my beautiful best friend from Lithuania who I met my first year of Uni. We had loads of class together the first semester but the class we really got talking in was our English Composition course. There I also met the rest of my "family" - Tony Jakubse and Danny Lostak. Later Sandra Issa would be added onto our atomic family.


A couple of weeks ago, on our road trip to the UK we also got to catch up with Laura. It was amazing and I can't imagine what it's going to be like to catch up with Ginte after 2 years!


Another exciting event is the return of Sister Angela Backeberg from her mission in Halifax on Dec. 5!!!!! I cannot wait. Unfortunately, since I won't be in Vancouver when she arrives, I can only do the next best thing and skype date her! It's been 1.5 years already and I miss her. Her sister Jenny became one of my best friends and amazing support to me in my life and I am so grateful for the months we lived together. Now to catch up with Ange. It'll be amazing.



Anyways. What I've learned. Your true friends will be your friend no matter time or distance. Some friends are forever. And whoever said diamonds are a girl's best-friend obviously had no best-friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog. Even I am excited about Christmas. Christmas season is almost here. As early as now I am starting to make a list of the persons I am going to give Christmas gifts.Ihampers.co.uk

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's awesome to be on your blog love! So excited to see you! Those pics are around 3 years old by now so we should make an effort and have new ones taken of us so you can use it for blogging about your experience in Salzburg! xoxo

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home