Friday, September 15, 2006

Touch Down...

The flight was successful! My plane wasn't highjacked, I wasn't killed by the airplane food and I managed to catch some shut-eye between Montreal and Paris! I arrived in Prague at 12:30 pm after being line at customs for like 20 minutes! Since I don't have an EU passport I was relegated to standing in the "All Others" passport line which was of course longer, and slower moving than the "EU Passport Holders" line. Pfff. Europe. So after standing in line, for what seemed like forever - although I must note that my perception of time was thrown off considerably due to the fact that I just crossed 9 time zones and hadn't had a full nights sleep for almost 48 hours. Anyways, i'm like 2 people away from being checked and then the guard made some weird gestures with his hands (it looked like he was saying 2) and then check a couple in front of me and quickly put up a "closed" sign for his booth! Dramatically enough, I was the face of the person he shoved the "closed" sign into! Thank goodness though, another booth opened at the same time. However, since I was at the front of the line I had to join onto the back of the line that had quickly gathered at the newly opened booth and waited some more! This delay, however, was compensated by the quick arrival of my luggage. The moment I walked up to the thingy...(sorry mind blank)...my bags were there! In addition I had a welcoming committee meet me at the arrival gates. The mission president, his wife and three other missionaries were there waiting. Well...it's a lie. They weren't actually waiting for me...they were waiting for a missionary that was apparently arriving on the same flight as me! I know...too bad! But they recogized me and was about as surprised to see me as I was them! It was a blessing I ran into them actually because Rostya wasn't there at the airport yet and had been desperately trying to contact me to let me know that she was coming from a meeting earlier and was racing through traffic at that very moment! The mission president happened to have her phone number in his cell phone and I was able to contact her and arrange where to meet! It was an adventure :-)

Up next...Espana...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home